GemPen® is one of my favorite gemmological instruments. It’s easy to carry, it gives easy to read results promptly, and is to my knowledge the only UV tool that can be operated in full daylight. I have used it quite a lot during the last two years for separating synthetic from natural diamonds, spotting heat and other treatments in sapphires, and a lot of other gemmological tasks that you normally use standard UV lamps for. Thus, it is also quite natural that I regularly use it in my gemmology classes to visualize luminescence.
– Anders Österlund, FGA, PhD, Gem-A tutor, gemmologist, appraiser and gem cutter at Ztrix Gems.
GemPen® is a great addition to our business. I work in a company where I see a lot of jewellery every day and I need to be able to make a quick decision regarding its value and with GemPen®, it is quick and easy to determine if the diamonds in front of me are natural or synthetic. GemPen® aids significantly when working with jewellery or watches that have multiple mounted stones.
– Lie Lundberg, Senior Valuation Expert at Sefina Pantbank.
– Antoinette Matlins, PG, FGA (Hon). Author, President Antoinette Matlins, LLC & Special Advisor to the Accredited Gemologists Association (AGA).
With the rise of lab-created diamonds and lab enhancements, GemPen® is providing the information that gemmologists need to make accurate appraisals and determinations of diamonds, the world’s most commonly used gemstones.
– Donna Hawrelko, President of the Canadian Gemmological Association.
GemPen® quickly proved to be useful; The fact that you can screen multiple stones in a jewellery or in a batch of melee has been a real time-saver for us. It is the preferred tool for initial examination of jewellery to detect synthetics.
– Emelie Magnusson, Gemmologist at one of the leading auction houses in the Nordics.
We are extremely impressed with GemPen® and are currently integrating it into our Diamonds, Advanced Gemmology, Gem Identification theory courses, our Career Gemmologist and Diamond Professional Programs and our eight-day Diamond Grading and Lab-created Diamond practical classes for 2020. In today’s market, having a reliable screening device at your fingertips is essential.
– Geoffrey M. Dominy, Founder/CEO of World Gem Foundation